Re: df stuck in tstile

The solution to this one was on a remote NFS mount.  The remote
machine was being prepared for renumbering but had silently rebooted,
meaning its original IP address was no longer live as it had been
removed from /etc/ifconfig.xxx.  So a plain df hung, /etc/daily hung,
etc. etc.

Aliasing the original IP address back onto the interface cured the
problem instantly and simultaneously on both the affected servers.

I'm most grateful for the help which led me to the cause, but I still
don't understand what tstile really is :-)

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>

This email is for the addressee only.   If you are not the addressee
you should immediately delete this email from your system(s) and
inform us.   It may contain information that is confidential or
otherwise privileged, and should not be copied or redistributed to
recipients not originally specified as addressees without permission.

S F Blinkhorn MA PhD CPsychol FBPsS, Managing Director,
Psychometric Research & Development Ltd.
PO Box 1143, St Albans, Herts, AL1 9UT, UK
Registered in England No. 1909571
Registered Office: Verulam Point, Station Way, St Albans, Herts, AL1 5HE
Phone: +44 (0)1727 841455
http://www.prd.co.uk