Re: VirtualBOX additions (again)

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 16:49:36 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> mouse is fuctional this way, but with [c]twm it for some reason does
> not activate the menus - it can move, iconise and de-iconsie windows,
> but the windows do not appear.

Seems to work for me on current.

> To get the window resizing I had to install my compiled version of
> VirtualBox guest utilities; it works, but resizing is a bit, shall I
> say, reluctant - works sometimes, usually when expanding, when
> shrinking the window it doesn't or there is a delay. My guest
> utilities are built from trunk, so everything is possible.

I think this is expected.  I know nothing about this, but from the
bits of rumors I overheard I gather that you need to have a real
desktop manager that gets notified about the requested resolution
change and effects it.  If VBox does not see the change effected it
will eventually force it using more brute-force methods, whatever they
are.  Hence the delay.

-uwe