Installing on EFI Core2 Duo MacBook Pro

So, I've been cleaning junk out of my garage for the last couple of days, and stumbled across an old Core2 Duo MacBook Pro with the Atheros WiFi chip that's stuck back in the Lion era, so I figured I'd put NetBSD on it.  This is, of course, an EFI-only machine.  I found an old wiki article related to the topic, but it seems pretty out of date.  I don't mind doing a bunch of ugly manual steps (and hooray for Target Disk Mode), but if someone has a recipe outline, I'm all ears.

Thx!

-- thorpej