Re: newfs_msdos on install media ?

    Date:        Wed, 26 Dec 2018 18:59:12 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | Yes, but what about systems that want UEFI? Yes, I worked around using
  | the legacy boot stuff, but it would be nice to have UEFI support...

EFI booting works now (not sure about instructions on how to set it up though.
and sysinst most likely does not know anything at all about it).)

But once booted, my experience is that on many systems the kernel
does not run well (that is, much hardare ends up unconfigured/unrecognised).

BIOS booting seems to configure more than EFI booting does - what the firmware
does (either because the spec requires it, or just by convention) seems to be
much more, and many of our drivers seem to assume that the BIOS setup has
been done.

On the other hand, for some systems, it seems to work - it probably depends
upon the eact hardware in the system, and the EFI firmware version (I mean
manufacturer/author not just which N.M it happens to be.)

kre