Re: how do I disable IPv6?

There is, for people like me (essentially a user and application
developer/deployer, though with 40 years of *nix system management),
an invisible frontier between a bug and gaps in my own knowledge.
One of the advantages of the NetBSD community is the speed and
friendliness with which such frontiers get delineated.

What's left of /var/log/messages - after following Martin's advice -
consists of repeats of the following:

Feb 28 09:06:19 rockall inetd[1991]: rsync/tcp: bind: Address already
in use
Feb 28 09:06:28 rockall /netbsd: wsmouse0: detached
Feb 28 09:06:28 rockall /netbsd: ums0: detached
Feb 28 09:06:28 rockall /netbsd: uhidev0: detached
Feb 28 09:06:28 rockall /netbsd: uhidev0: at uhub3 port 3 (addr 4)
disconnected
Feb 28 09:06:30 rockall /netbsd: uhidev0 at uhub3 port 3 configuration
1 interfa
ce 0
Feb 28 09:06:30 rockall /netbsd: uhidev0: Logitech USB Optical Mouse,
rev 2.00/6
3.00, addr 4, iclass 3/1
Feb 28 09:06:30 rockall /netbsd: ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons and Z dir
Feb 28 09:06:30 rockall /netbsd: wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0

The first line is new since 7.0, but is more likely some
misconfiguration on my part (and the actual operation of rsync doesn't
appear to be affected).   The rest is characteristic, so far as I can
tell, of the machine.   Because this machine (a Fujitsu box) normally
operates as a development machine accessed over the LAN using VNC,
this matters to me principally because if fills up /var/log/messages
(it repeats every 55 seconds or so) and makes more important messages
difficult to spot.   And of course it irritates me because I don't
like unresolved error messages.

I have hesitated to raise these two because I dislike troubling people
when I might be able to resolve things myself, but they do illustrate
the dilemma.   It's too easy to cry "bug!".

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>