Re: VirtualBox Guest Additions anyone?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 10:42:38 +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:

> The Makefile indeed needs the patch, but it is weird that apparently not on
> linux; maybe NetBSD native xorg is not quite standard?
>
> To get buttons working, for whatever reason with xorg-server 1.18 you need
> to configure both vboxmouse AND wscons mouse (ws driver).
> Apparently vboxmouse handles only movement, so buttons need to come from
> traditional mouse driver.
>
> As far as I can see nothing has changed in vboxmouse for ages. It has never
> called xf86PostButtonEvent function. So maybe earlier xorg version
> configured ws mouse automatically, but with 1.18 you have to do it by hand.

I don't know ~anything about xorg, but it looks like something changed
in the server code indeed.  1.10 in -6 and -7 is happy with just the
vboxmouse driver section, but if you check the Xorg log you'll see
that it loads "mouse" driver automatically.  For 1.18 in -8 it seems
you have to configure it explicitly.

Looking at src/VBox/Additions/x11/Installer/x11config.sh I ended up
with

Section "ServerLayout"
# ...
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
# ...
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "vboxmouse"
EndSection

Insert your favorite "I don't know what I'm doing" meme here.

You also need to paxctl +m VBoxService it seems to let it create rwx
mappings.

-uwe