Re: netbsd 8 (beta) failing to load ixg device

 Hi, all.

On 2017/11/14 7:01, Jaromír Doleček wrote:
I had a very brief look on the crashing function ixgbe_update_stats_count(). The only division there is in the one using adapter->num_queue.

Looking at ixgbe_configure_interrups(), seems that one can happily set it to 0 if number of MSI vectors is 1, as is the case according to your dmesg.

SAITOH Masanobu, could you please have a closer look? I wonder if this could have been introduced around rev. 1.96/1.97/1.98 of dev/pci/ixgbe/ixgbe.c, that's when the code related to this changed.

 I could reproduce the problem. Yes, it's my fault.

 I sent a new pullup request:

	http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/req-8.cgi?show=361

It's little hard to fix that problem with small patch. I'm going to
send a jumbo patch for ixg(4) to fix a lot of bugs and it'll fix this
problemcleanly.

 Sorry and thank you all.

Jaromir

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost