Re: umass(4) broken on netbsd-7/amd64?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:00:18PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> > /netbsd: umass0 at uhub1 port 6 configuration 1 interface 0
> > /netbsd: umass0: SanDisk Cruzer Glide, rev 2.10/1.00, addr 2
> > /netbsd: umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> > /netbsd: umass0: failed to create xfers
>
> I sometimes see this on a system under memory pressure, but for a while now.
>
> Un- and replugging it seems to work, most of the time; sometimes after
> waiting a short while.

Machines tried were all amd64, had 8GB, 8GB, and 48GB RAM respectively,
were idle at the time and running an up-to-the-minute NetBSD-7.1_STABLE.

An i386 system w/2GB, also idle, had no problems with the USB flash
drives and using it, I was able to get what I needed done.  It also
was running an up-to-the-minute NetBSD-7.1_STABLE.

I just tried one of the 8GB amd64 machines again and it worked this time.

Strange that they should all exhibit this problem at virtually the same
time (within about 5 minutes of each other).  I was rushing around trying
to find a machine that would read my USB flash drives and none of the
amd64 systems powered up would.

One of the 8GB machines had just operated on one not long before and
the only change was an update of the system.

When every machine you have running does something like this, you
start to wonder.