Re: USB related panic with netbsd-8

On 28/06/2017 06:44, John Klos wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a reproducible issue and the system isn't one on which I can experiment. The system is an amd64 system running netbsd-8 from 20-June.

I created and brought up a tap0 interface, then a bridge0 interface and accidentally entered the wrong interface for the bridge so it was bridging tap0 and wm1 instead of tap0 and axe0.

When I ran ifconfig axe0 up, the system became mostly unresponsive - it had a packet returned every ten seconds or so, then it paniced about two minutes later:

tap0: Ethernet address f2:0b:a4:05:5a:73
panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "xfer->ux_state == XFER_ONQU" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdi.c", line 906
cpu4: Begin traceback...
vp138
usbd_ar_pipe() at netbsd:usbd_ar_pipe+0x3b
usbd_abort_pipe()ifioctl+0x77b
soo_ioctl() at netbsd:soo_ioctl+0x2b5
sys_ioctl() mping to dev 18,17 (offset=8, size=10472697):
dump

Any thoughts?

Please send-pr so it doesn't get forgotten about.

Can you reproduce it and add the steps to the PR, please?

John
Nick