Re: multiboot(8)?

On Sep 25,  2:21pm, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
}
} I was curious if I can help reduce the diff between i386 and amd64.
} I noticed all the multiboot code is in sys/arch/i386.
} why? is it not needed for multibooting?

     There is no 64-bit version of the multiboot protocol.  Also,
note that amd64 starts in 32-bit mode when booted (i.e. when the
boot code is finished) and the kernel does the work of switching
to 64-bit mode (properly known as "long mode") as part of its
startup procedure.

}-- End of excerpt from coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost