piixide

Hello,

    Yesterday I built a "new" PC around an Intel D945GCLF2
motherboard, which has an Atom 330 processor soldered to
it. The PC has 2 GB RAM and a 500G WD Green hard disk drive.
First I tried NetBSD/amd64 6.1.5 and very quickly noticed
errors relating to piixide(4).  You can see them in the
dmesg output: http://grex.org/~ball/dmesg.amd64.txt

    Afterwards I installed NetBSD/i386 6.1.5 which seems to
work well: http://grex.org/~ball/dmesg.i386.txt  My PC only
supports a maximum of 2 GB RAM so i386 is appropriate but I
will be happy to help with testing if someone is interested
in fixing amd64 to work with these common Atom boards.  I
also have a D945GCLF with an Atom 230 on it.

Thanks,
  -Andy Ball