Re: Specification of BTINFO_CONSOLE value in bootinfo.h

On Jun 3, 10:09am, Sheda wrote:
}
} I confirm the amd64 port is not multiboot compliant,
} arch/amd64/amd64/locore.S lake the multiboot header you can see in its
} i386 counterpart:
} http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/arch/i386/i386/locore.S?v=NETBSD#L261

     I did a quick bit of digging and found a copy of the multiboot
specification.  It contains this sentence, "This specification is
targeted toward free 32-bit operating systems that can be fairly
easily modified to support the specification without going through
lots of bureaucratic rigmarole."  Is there information somewhere
about how multiboot works on 64-bit systems.

     One thing I'll note, is that the bootloader normally starts
the amd64 port in 32-bit mode.  During kernel startup, it switches
the system to 64-bit mode.

}-- End of excerpt from Sheda