Prepping to install

I am preparing to install NetBSD 6.1.5 on a new server, AMD C32 based, 4256EE CPU, Supermicro H8SCM mbd, 6 X 1 TB 2.5" HDD's, to be partitioned/RAIDed (software). Firstly, is this the correct list to post what could be a blizzard of noob-ish install questions ? If not, where, please ? Either way, I downloaded both of the 6.1.5 boot ISO's. The online docs mention installing from a CD or floppy, but no mention of a USB stick network install, my preference. Is this in fact feasible ? If so, is it documented anywhere ? Does the installer provide for possibly complex partitioning during install via shell access or something similar ? For reference, I am writing this on a FreeBSD 9.3Rp13 box, setup (last summer) similarly to what I want to do w/ this NetBSD server. This box has 4 X 1 TB 2.5" HDD's, partitioned into /boot, swap, /, /usr, & /home, with /usr & /home RAID0-ed. The installer had a point where you could pop into a shell & execute shell commands (or script) to complete the partitioning w/o any fat-fingering of delicate, tedious, repetitive commands. I am planning on /boot, swap, /, /usr, /var, & /home for the server (5 slices per drive, with / RAID1-ed from 2 partitions, /usr RAID1-ed from the other 4 of that size, /boot RAID1-ed from 6 slices, 1 per drive, & /home & /var RAID5-ed from 6 slices, 1 per drive). Thanks in advance for any & all input.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.