Re: VirtualBox Guest Drivers

Le 13/11/2014 19:46, Arto Huusko a écrit :
Who has copyright on it?

Well, I'm not sure. The diff has three kinds of changes

 - Very simple patches to existing files:
   adding suitable #if defined here and there, and such

 - Simple patches to existing files:
   Config.kmk has seen a bit more work, but not much

 - New files:

VBoxGuest-netbsd.c; although it seems this was originally copied from VBoxGuest-freebsd.c and then adapted to NetBSD in GSOC, and then fixed by
   me

   drm, but this is based on vbox_drm.c that is in NetBSD src/sys, by
   Jared McNeill. I did change it to drm2.

r0drv; this was all done initially in the GSOC, and then fixed by me. But
   here also it seems all the files were copied from FreeBSD and then
   adjusted.

Noted.

The initial GSOC project was done by Haomai Wang. Even though the GSOC result
was basically unusable, my changes in r0drv and VBoxGuest-netbsd.c were
not that big to make things go. I have no idea how copyright works with stuff that is mostly patches, and with stuff that is copy-paste from other work and
then patched.

Most of my work here has gone into finding the places to patch, and that is
definitely not copyright material.

As long as all this is tracked this should not pose any problem.

I got your email address, do you have the one of Haomai Wang so I can put these two in the submission form for future reference? You can reply privately if needed.

Thanks

--
Jean-Yves Migeon