Re: firefox and OpenOffice for 6.1_STABLE

No - I have no means of telling this.   I would be grateful for any
guidance that will get me a working browser and OpenOffice in
up-to-date versions.   I am finding the move to amd64 quite painful
for lack of clear signals about how to put together the day-to-day
toolkit.   I get the sense that NetBSD is becoming less accessible to
a technically-based business that is not focussed on OS development
and enhancement, but I would like to believe that I'm just missing out
on some current documentation or know-how.   After many years (since
before 2.0) of being exclusively NetBSD-based other than for delivery
tools for Windows boxes, I'm beginning to find that putting a rew
releas together with standard packages is soaking up unprecedented
amounts of my time.   Surely someone has successfully set up a recent
Firefox and OpenOffice?

Kind regards,

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>