Re: Issues with Firefox 26 and sound (html5 videos)

On 21 January 2014 09:12, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> You need to set up pulseaudio. See e.g.
> https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/using_pulseaudio/
>
> for details how to do that.

Thanks Thomas, but now I've discovered that FF won't even play the
video. I was fooled into thinking it was a sound problem only because
the video seem to start but it actually hangs.

I use this test page:
http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_everybody/test.html

and any youtube videos.

I can see the progress bar loading in the background but the video won't start.

Has it got to do with video codecs?

Where would one grab the codecs for V8/V9 (Webm) and Vorbis on Netbsd?
Are included in pulseaudio?

--
Ottavio