Re: Changing x87 precision to full 63bit as default

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

>> Have you run paranoia (with no math options in CFLAGS) with the patch?
>> Is it happy with everything?  If not, can you explain what it objects
>> to, and why it is wrong?
>
> I haven't and I don't plan to.

Then I object; that's a well-known standard test of floating point,
arguably the standard test.  A change to floating point behavior that
doesn't at least understand how that is affected has not been
sufficiently tested and considered.  It's trivial to build and run, so
it seems unreasonable not to.