Re: Temperature sensors on HP N40L?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 06:48:08PM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a HP N40L microserver running NetBSD 6.0.  Envstat reports
> the following sensor:
[...]
> "i2cscan iic0" reports:
>
>       iic0: found device at 0x18
>       iic0: found device at 0x30
>       iic0: found device at 0x50
>       iic0: 3 devices found
>
> I'd assume that the system temp would be one of the devices on the iic
> bus?

I don't think so ...

at 0x18 it's usually a temp sensor found on memory modules, see sdtemp(4).
at 0x30 it's the write only access for the memory module.
at 0x50 it's the memory module handled by spdmem(4).

If you have a IPMI device, other temperatures are often available
there with other sensors.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biology IT Center