Re: Bootloader problems

> booting hd0a:netbsd - starting in 0 seconds.
> open netbsd:  Input/output error
> boot: hd0a:netbsd:  Input/output error

While the symptom is not a perfect match, I have seen similar errors in
the past when trying to boot a kernel which has holes (in the FFS
sense).  Since you're getting the same EIO for both netbsd and
netbsd.gz, which presumably do not both exist with holes, it's clearly
not that simple, but it might be something related.

\ / Ribbon Campaign