Re: Dell Vostro 200 boot problems

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 06:16:07PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I know nothing about cpu spinup on x86 - should there be a watchdog/timeout?
> Any instrumentation I could add to track this further? I have a working
> pxeboot environment for this machine now.

I found options MPDEBUG and tried it:

as exected, it dies early when attaching cpu1 with "did not become ready".
I set a breakpoint on cpu_hatch, but it never makes it there.

It runs through mp_startup, since I find the cpu_trace[] array contains
0x40, 0x1, 0xff, so it should have passed the HALT(1) there.

pmap_largepages is 1.

Can somebody with more x86 knowledge please help me track this down?

Side question: should we cope better and detach that cpu (or something)
so the machine would at least come up as UP?

Martin