Re: No luck with wi-fi on x86_64

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 18:30:15 +0000
Ilya Kantsedikas <i.kantsedikas%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am interested in migrating from Linux to NetBSD as I find the NetBSD
> approach to what an OS should be like neater. There is however a major
> snag in that none of the wi-fi adapters I have seem to agree with
> NetBSD-5.{0.2;1}-amd64 on my Vaio laptop (Vaio VGN-SZ7RVN)

Hi, I have a nettop with network adapters that are not supported by NetBSD. I
recently bought Asus WL-167G V2 USB adapter and it is supported by rum(4)
driver. It seems to work pretty well on x86_64.

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WL-167G-Wireless-Adaptor-802-11g-54Mbps/dp/B000KFQR5M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1291228956&sr=8-3