Re: ACPI misbehavior? or bad ioapic?

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Christoph Egger wrote:

On 23.06.10 19:42, Paul Goyette wrote:
I'm still trying to track down what's happening on my new machine, and I
think it has something to do with the fact that ioapic #2 is not where
ACPI says it is.

(The "acpidump -dt | gzip" is attached...)  ACPI says that IOAPIC 2
lives at 0xfec30000.  Yet, when the ioapic_attach() code tries to check
it, the read_vers_and_size gets 0xffffffff

This value means 'invalid' in the ACPI world.

Yeah, I got that part figured out. But what to do about it? All the PCI-E slots and the two on-board LAN interfaces appear to want to "use" one of the pins on ioapic2.

        {116} dmesg | grep ioapic
        ioapic0 at mainbus0 apid 0: pa 0xfec00000, version 21, 24 pins
        ioapic1 at mainbus0 apid 1: pa 0xfec20000, version 21, 32 pins
        ioapic2 at mainbus0 apid 2: pa 0xfec30000, version ff, 256 pins
        ioapic2: misconfigured as apic 15
        ioapic2: can't remap to apid 2
        wm0: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 16
        wm1: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 17
        ahcisata0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22
        ohci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16
        ohci1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16
        ehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
        ohci2: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
        ohci3: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
        ehci1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19
        ixpide0: primary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 14
        ixpide0: secondary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 15
        {117}

And, as I mentioned, other OS (Centos, Windows [blech]) seem to be able to adapt.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |