Re: Hard disk is too slow on NetBSD-5.0.1/x86_64

 >> In BIOS I've seen "SATA: IDE/ACPI" switch.
 >> But after switching it to ACPI value NetBSD hangs up while booting
 >> IIRC just before creating /dev files.

> You might have more luck with one of the kernels from
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2009/11/09/msg001528.html

Thanks! After switching "SATA operation mode" in BIOS from "IDE" to
"ACPI" with your kernel HDD works much faster. The same for CURRENT
kernel built from today's sources. That test says about ~26Mb/s, much
better than before, but I cannot believe this is a limit.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.