Re: Turning on stack protection by default

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 01:08:14AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Please do. I would actually suggest to make it the default on all ports
> that are not heavily space constraint. Benchmarks in the past suggest
> that the overhead for typical applications is between 1% and 5%.

And the worst case seems to be 8%. Such numbers are however not good
enough for "certain people".

So unless somebody has the time to repeat Andrew Doran's NetBSD 5.0
benchmarking and a way to figure out how to benchmark Firefox
I'm afraid nothing is going to be done about this. I'm sorry.

        Kind regards