Re: netbsd-5 sets with latest xsrc available for testing

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 05:41:13PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> hi folks.
>
> i've uploaded 6 full releases for sparc, sparc64, shark, sgimips, i386
> and amd64 to:
>
>       ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mrg/netbsd-5-current-xsrc/
>
> there are installer .iso and sets available.
>
> these sets have been built from netbsd-5 tree with a relatively large
> patch applied:
>
>       ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mrg/netbsd-5-current-xsrc/xsrc-5.1.diff2
>
> and with a few symlinks for -current xsrc to find old sources (see the
> patch itself for details.)
>

> please test these sets.  i have tested i386, amd64 and shark.  shark has
> a problem with xterm, everything else works for me.  i would like to hear
> about this working for others as well.  the goal is for netbsd 5.1 to
> include these updates.

Hi,

I tried your updated x*.tgz sets on my netbsd-5/amd64 system (without
deploying the base and other sets), but the X server wouldn't start.

With my existing config it failed to load several modules (cfb, cfb32,
mfb, xtrap, ...), and with a newly generated config (X -configure) it
said:
(EE) RADEON(0): Unable to map MMIO aperture. Invalid argument (22)
(EE) RADEON(0): Memory map the MMIO region failed
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

This card (ATI Radeon HD 2400) works fine with netbsd-5's xorg and the
radeonhd driver, so I changed Driver "radeon" to Driver "radeonhd" in
the generated config that but again got:

(EE) RADEONHD(0): Failed to map MMIO.
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

I can provide the full Xorg.0.log if wanted.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F