Switching from 5.0 i386 to amd64

Just done this on my main server and laptop and hit a few issues, but overall went quite well.

I ended up switching the swap partition to ffs, extracting amd64 into it and then booting it, having a quick test & then copying everything except /etc across and rerunning MAKEDEV & bootblocks.

Just some notes on the experience:
- needed to remove old i386 /etc/ld.so.conf to avoid a harmless libm warning - devel/p5-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 had some really bizarre PLIST issues which now seem to have gone - postgres needs 8 byte rather than 4 byte alignment (just dump in i386 & restore in a md64)
- cannot build jdk15 as gcc3 will not build on amd64
- alpine segvs whenever it tries to open a link or run an external program on an attachment
- wine-devel will not build

But otherwise I have gnome, bugzilla, trzc, apache, mediawiki, openoffice3, exim, dovecot, roundcube & many other apps running wonderfully.

Kudos to NetBSD, pkgsrc, and many third party developers :)

I had a stint in the 64bit world of alpha & sparc64 some (too many) years ago, but have languished in 32bit i386 for too long.