Port-amd64 archive

Re: PowerNow! for AMD Family 10h/11h

FUKAUMI Naoki wrote:
> hi
> I wrote ad-hoc patch to support PowerNow! on AMD Family 10h/11h cpus.
>   http://www.naobsd.org/t105/hwpstate.diff

Ah, great!

> of course it must be improved. (e.g. separate from powernow_k8.c, sysctl
> node naming, etc)

Some comments:

Please use "Family10h/11h" instead of "K10". This a) matches the manual
and b) is consistent with AMD specific drivers like amdtemp(4).

There's a need for a common x86 Powermanagement API in order to
get in Xen support. The hypercalls are defined in

- XENPF_set_processor_pminfo
- XENPF_enter_acpi_sleep
- XENPF_change_freq