Re: Why is Desktop NetBSD a threat to NetBSD?

Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 02:35:50PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
        e) OS branding, x86 only

           Pretty boot screen and progress bar. Aha - now this I would
           turn off, and I would hope the 'expert' install choice would
           default it to off.

Hm?

I do sysinst installs all the time using the "progress bar" setting.
It's the right balance between "no feedback" and "so much output
it considerably slows installation on modern machines".

Not for sysinst, but for normal booting.

Cheers,
Jared