Re: default kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs is too low

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:
I suggested this before in private:

- param.c: ifndef SHMMAX then define SHMMAX 0
- shminit: if (shmmax == 0) shmmax = 5% of physical RAM
- shminit: if (shmmax < SHMMAXPGS) shmmax = SHMMAXPGS

shmmaxpgs appears to be the issue here, not shmmax..

Same tuneable, different units.

Gotcha, thanks. Doing the math in my head, that looks like it would work just fine for a machine with >= 256MB of RAM, which is probably the least you'd want to have for GNOME anyway. Looks good to me!

Cheers,
Jared