Re: cpuflags (optimal compiler flags for building)

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 06:56:21PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Modern AMD CPUs also seem to support it, I don't know about VIA.
>
> For AMD CPUs you can really go by family/extended family ID. They didn't
> mess that part up.

Ah, thanks. That helps for NetBSD 5.x as cpuctl reports
family/model/extended family, but I don't think we get that from dmesg on
earlier versions. I'm pretty sure Linux and OpenSolaris report them also.

I could rely on the CPU name reported by cpuctl for AMD, which matches
dmesg in earlier versions, but that would be NetBSD specific. Arrg.

I may just add a fallback table to convert older NetBSD 'cpu names' back to
family/extended family

So... does anyone have a reference to a table for AMD family/extended
family codes? :) I could start with the source for cpuctl, but an official
list would be nice...