Re: netbsd-INSTALL goes to prompt

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:58:05 +0000
Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:14:39PM -0200, Mandacar? Cascavel wrote:
>
> > When initializing I press "space", as usual, and write:
> > Option [1]: boot netbsd-INSTALL [enter]
> >
> > This gives me [maybe] a single user mode:
> >
> > "Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:" [enter]
> >
> > Terminal type is vt100
> > We recommend etc.
> > #
>
> Hmm, I didn't put sysinst onto the boot CD-ROMs. That was a mistake.
> I will fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

At this very moment I guess the problem (if there was one) has already been
solved, but I'd like to share the result of a workaround:

a - I copied the kernel present into boot.iso to / as netbsd-INSTALL;
b - Inserted the following line (the sixth) at /boot.cfg: "menu=Boot
sysinst:boot netbsd-INSTALL;
c- reboot
d- Option [1]: 6

And sysinst booted normally. I must add that when booting from boot cdrom I
didn't got any problem. The system is:

NetBSD-amd64 5.99.3 built from sources obtained at 11/22.

Thanks

--
Mandacarú Cascavel <mancasc%yahoo.com.br@localhost>
Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger