Re: cpuctl on Quad Core Xeon?

>>>>> Joerg Sonnenberger writes:

Joerg> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 06:00:31PM +0100, Urban Boquist wrote:
>> On a Quad Core Xeon box I get this, should it really say "Pentium
>> III" ???

Joerg> Yes. That is the family/model ID after all. Blame Intel.

OK, thanks for the response. But I'm not sure that I understand this.

Intel is not calling this cpu a Pentium III, right? So why should
cpuctl do so?

Even if it happens to be family 6 and model 7, surely there is some
other way to get more information out of it? Or where is this line
coming from?

cpu0: "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3360  @ 2.83GHz"

Best regards,

        -- Urban