Re: wrong estd value

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
My question is this: is this a pure hardware feature, or do we need to
do something to support this properly?  For example -- given my usage
pattern, the primary time I'm running at max CPU speed for an extended
period is when I'm doing a system build, which I do with -j3.  That, of
course, means that both CPUs will be running flat-out.  What speed is
it really running at?  Like Joel, I've opted to use -M to cap the
speed, for fear of overheating the chip.  Am I being too cautious?

FYI, I opened a PR on this a while back:

  http://gnats.netbsd.org/36995

Cheers,
Jared