Re: Is amd64 ready for the desktop?

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 02:40:40PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> My experience is no but before I switch back to i386 I thought I would
> see what others' experiences are.
>
> [...]
> I use gramofile which is a curses or ncurses based app.  The screen is
> messed up by strings that look like this:
>     "bad format `p'ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Actually I suspect it's an issue with our curses. I see this
when running sysinst from a xen guest, in a screen session on an
amd64 dom0 (the domU can be 32 or 64 bits, it doen't change the behavior).
For me it's clearly related to screen; if I run xm console it in a simple ssh
session without screen, it displays fine.

Others have seen this too.