Re: amd64-current and grub?

On 10/03/2008, Carl Brewer <carl%bl.echidna.id.au@localhost> wrote:

> I've tried a couple of reinstalls and keep getting the same response
> from grub - I haven't set up menu.1st, is that the problem?  And is
> there a dummies guide to grub and amd64? (or for that matter, grub and

I've more or less just done the same thing.You really need a
/grub/menu.lst file.  it should have something like this:

title Xen 3.1.3 / NetBSD
  root(hd0,0)
  kernel (hd0,a)/xen.gz dom0_mem=262144 com1=9600,8n1
  module (hd0,a)/netbsd-DOM0-kernel ro console=ttyS0
title NetBSD Standard
  root (hd0,0,a)       # NetBSD on 1st MBR partition of 1st IDE disk
  chainloader +1