Re: bouyer-xeni386 merge

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:08:23AM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:48:05PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > The code in this branch brings in PAE support to NetBSD xeni386 (domU only)
> > 2 new kernel configs (XEN3PAE_DOMU and INSTALL_XEN3PAE_DOMU). If there's
> > interest in dom0 PAE support I'll look at it, but I'm not sure what it
> > would brings over amd64, and there may be issues with userland tools
> > accessing the hardware (mostly the X server I guess). PAE support is
> > enbaled by 'options PAE'.
>
> Good news!  But I guess this will never be back-ported to 4.x?

I've no plans for this yet, but it'd make my pkgsrc bulk-builder life
easier to have 4.x Xen kernels for amd64 and x86_PAE :)

The problem is that both amd64 and i386PAE supoort heavily rely on
x86/x86/pmap.c, which isn't there in 4.x. I don't think switching native
i386 and amd64 to it is desireable in the branch. So, if I ever do it,
I may just do it in some private CVS branch ...

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost