Re: FPU handling

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 06:36:16PM +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 05:56:58PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to make erlang work on NetBSD/amd64.
> >
> > The code that needs to be ported is about this:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > but the test programs hang; it looks like the handler gets called over
> > and over again with mxcsr=0x1900 and IP always being the same value.
>

> Updating the package to erlang-R12B seems to fix the build on my amd64.

I'll check that. It might be that it knows how to avoid using the
FPU trap - but still not how to handle it. AD@ thinks that our fputrap()
code in the kernel is fishy, if I understood correctly. (I'd have committed
a fix a while now, but couldn't make more than _detecting_ the fpu in the
autoconf stage work.)

Regards,
        -is
--