Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org,>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/19/2007 23:54:39
On Wed 19 Dec 2007 at 23:16:13 +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:05:58PM +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> > Maybe GENERIC should have "apm0 at mainbus0" so that the "real" APM
> > can be used with userconf and "disable acpi".
>
> Real APM is deprecated :-) There's a second kernel for that...
> Are you sure you disbaled only apm @ acpi? I didn't change anything in
> the GENERIC kernel for this.

I looked at the GENERIC config file, and it had "apm0 at mainbus0"
commented out. So I couldn't have just done "enable apm0" at the
userconf prompt, right?

Which leads me to the following thought: there is an "enable" command in
userconf, but is there a way to configure a kernel with the code support
for (say) "apm0 at mainbus0" in it, but just disabled? So that the
"enable" command can, eh, enable it? Without that, the command is a bit
of a lame duck, only useful for re-enabling something you mistakenly
disabled.

> Joerg
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.