Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/19/2007 19:41:53
jmcneill@invisible.ca said:
> You must be attaching pckbc to isa.. please add the following to the
> ISA glue

Thanks - this helps. There is no particular reason that I'm using
the ISA attachment, it has just been that way all the time.

I've also added a NULL pmf_device_register() to the i915 drm
code. This is perhaps not perfect, but since X is not active
anyway when suspending it should be OK for now.

Now the box suspends. To make it wakeup without reset, I need the
sysctl -w machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0
And to get a display again, I also need the
vbetool post
The latter appearently conflicts with the automatic screen
switching in the wscons suspend code; I'd suggest to remove
that from the kernel and leave it to userland.

The network (bge0: ASIC BCM5752 A2 (0x6002)) doesn't come up
on resume, so I also need some /etc/rc.d/network stop/start.
(The default route is still lost... Have to figure out what
fails here.)

USB is dead, as others reported. Sound (azalia) works.

So generally it looks good. Thanks for your work!
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt