Subject: Re: amd8111 LPC watchdog support
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/26/2007 16:41:05
On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 06:55:35PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Joerg,

> I hope someone here has a AMD8111 LPC bridge to test the attached patch.
> E.g. pcictl pci0 list will tell you. If you have, please apply the patch
> to -current, uncomment the amdpcib* entry in GENERIC and run
> 	wdogctl -k -p1 amdpcib0
> after reboot. System should continue to run. Now enter DDB and after a
> second, the system should reboot.

I just patched my machine (Tyan s2885), and tried. But it does not
seems to work as expected.

njoly@lanfeust [~]> wdogctl
Available watchdog timers:
        amdpcib0, 65535 second period
njoly@lanfeust [~]> sudo wdogctl -k -p1 amdpcib0
njoly@lanfeust [~]> wdogctl
Available watchdog timers:
        amdpcib0, 1 second period [armed, kernel tickle]

Then i entered DDB through the serial console; and nothing happens ...
After a while (about 1 min), i simply typed `c' to continue.

This is an up to date GENERIC.MP kernel +DIAGNOSTIC +LOCKDEBUG
options.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.