Subject: Re: bouyer-xenamd64 merge (xen roadmap)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/19/2007 13:06:07
On Monday 19 November 2007 11:22:28 Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 10:46:57AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > >I made most (but not
> > >all) patches from pkgsrc going upstream
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Seconded :)

To make xen-tools building out-of-the box, NetBSD needs the following
improvements:

libc:
   It misses the POSIX API  posix_memalign(3)
   I need this to make tools/blktap in xen-tools building

libc (amd64 only):
   /usr/include/i386/* is missing. When an application does

   #include <stdint.h>

   and is compiled with gcc -m32, then the compiler must get
   /usr/include/i386/stdint.h. Linking against -lc should link
   against the 32bit libc, of course.

   With this done, it will be possible to build the xen-tools firmware
   which is required to launch HVM guests with a 64bit NetBSD/Xen Dom0.