Subject: Re: Linux emul problems
To: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/21/2007 11:35:15
Nicolas Joly wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:44:22PM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Arto Huusko wrote:
>>
>>> The second problem so far is with java. 64-bit 1.5.0_12 and 1.6.0_02 core
>>> dump
>>> immediately
 >> And so do many other things:
>
> This one is a known problem on machines with Intel CPUs.

Is there any hope of a fix for this?

If there's no fix in the works, then does this affect 32 bit Linux
binaries, or is 32 bit linux emul breakage due to some different causes?

If 32 bit binaries work, and the emul problems there are fixable, that
would be enough for me.

The 32 bit emul problems I've encountered so far are
  - chown, chgrop (there could be more) not working
  - I've a hard time with citrix client (v10)
    * it can't find motif key bindings, even though I have
      run xmbind, have ~/.motifbindings, etc.
    * it usually crashes on startup with glibc complaining
      about its memory pool getting corrupted