Subject: Re: ichlpcib0 doesn't arm on -current
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/16/2007 10:59:02
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:08:38 -0400, "Blair Sadewitz"
<blair.sadewitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps this should return a less cryptic error message?  What would
> be the "preferred" way of doing this?
>
> We should at least add it to ichlpcib(4).

The manpage for ichlpcib is misleading as-is. It states:

     o   Watchdog timer.  The watchdog timer may be configured for a 2
seconds
         (on ICH6 or newer) and 4 seconds (on ICH5 or older) min period and
         for a 39 seconds (on ICH5 or older) or 613 seconds max period (on
         ICH6 or newer).

This reads (to me) as if the max period is 613, since the argument to
wdogctl is "-p period".
Is the manpage incorrect (and we should halve those numbers)?

Setting the period to 306 lets ichlpcib arm though.  So thanks for the help
guys!

     ScottE