Subject: Re: ThinkPad T61p
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/26/2007 10:00:57
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Arto Huusko wrote:
>
>> However, the big problem is that I can't get X to work
>> (modular-xorg-server-1.3 from pkgsrc).
>>
> You are lacking support for AGP, which is most likely the issue -- can you
> try a kernel from the jmcneill-pm branch? I've been meaning to pull this up
> to HEAD, but haven't got around to it yet...

On HEAD, agp at pchb does not attach at all; kernel does not print
any messages about it at all.

On jmcneill-pm branch agp attaches, but with these messages:

agp0 at pchb0: can't find internal VGA device config space
agp0: using generic power management

And starting X still makes the system reboot without any messages.

On HEAD and jmcneill-pm Xorg -configure produces identical config files;
I seem to recall that PCI attachment and AGP attachment is shown
differently.

I was also under the impression that Quadro FX 570M is a PCI Express
board, not AGP (although I don't know if this makes any difference
here).