Subject: Re: assembly optimisations
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: None <murray@river-styx.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/19/2007 19:30:52
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, murray@river-styx.org wrote:
>>   Offhand, the licensing for opensolaris and AMD ontributed code seems
>> compatible to NetBSD but I am not a lawyer...
>
> Under what license exactly are they? CDDL?

Yeah. Plus there's some AMD licensing which is very BSD like. Although in
some files they don't explicitly say CDDL while in others they do.

The following link has an AMD license but I am not certain that CDDL
or some other Sun license applies.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libc/amd64/gen/memcpy.s

PS: When I saw your email I thought you were going to ask me for figures :-)
I have done extensive testing and benchmarking and they are all MUCH faster
than any others I have tried. I don't have a compiled set of figures but
my testing was across many different string sizes, mem sizes etc. All
performed really well.