Subject: Re: accuracy of "long double"
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/28/2007 13:36:54
Krister Walfridsson a écrit :
[...]

> honor TARGET_96_ROUND_53_LONG_DOUBLE while optimizing (and a couple of
> the failures are due to incorrect test cases that assume that "everything
> work as Linux"...)
> I plan to fix this before gcc 4.3 is released...

Well, since I am currently writing some mathematical stuff, can someone
be more specific about this issue? I mean:

* Does it mean that "double" precision roundoff is correct on BSD,
whereas "long double" is not — and vice-versa on Linux?

* What shall be done (in the user code) in order to ensure that results
computed on NetBSD and Linux are consistent (regardless of GCC initial
configuration)?

Thanks,
Vincent