Subject: Re: painfully slow
To: Blair Sadewitz <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/17/2007 08:51:59
Last night I disabled the USB controller in the BIOS, and the machine
now rocks. I assume when you talk about PIO mode, you're referring to
the SATA controller. I received a patch from Matthias Drochner which is
essentially what you're suggesting, and I'll try it out this evening.

However, I suspect the problem really does lie with the USB.

Thanks for the help!