Subject: bootable amd64 installation CD
To: None <>
From: Ray Phillips <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/09/2007 18:13:58
What's the procedure now for making a bootable CD containing the
installation files for NetBSD/amd64?

I've just built a -current release (from sources CVS updated on 21
June) and found amd64 doesn't have an equivalent file to i386's
installation/floppy/boot-big.fs so I can't follow the steps in this

I found that has an iso-image option which solves my
immediate problem, but what if I want to make a bootable CD with
non-standard stuff on it?

What is the native boot format Manuel mentions in:

How does it compare to El Torito?  Is the difference just that it's
able to ignore the 2.88 MB floppy emulation limit?