Subject: Re: Does bluetooth work with amd64?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/15/2007 19:23:42
On Tue, 15 May 2007, Juan RP wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:12:04 +0100 (BST)
> Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net> wrote:
>
> > Could be related to auth being enabled, is bthcid running?
>
> I tried with auth disabled and same happens, bthcid is running.
>
> > what does 'hcidump -V' (as root) show?
>
> hcidump from pkgsrc does not know about "-V" but I tried with -a
> (to print info in ASCII) output of "sdpquery -a xtraeme Browse":

Ah, my apologies - I use the latest bluez hcidump which I should package
up and commit to pkgsrc one day.

> $ sdpquery -a xtraeme Browse
> sdpquery: sdp_open: Connection timed out
> $
>
> $ sudo hcidump -a
> HCIDump - HCI packet analyzer ver 1.5
> device: any snap_len: 65540 filter: 0xffffffffffffffff
> < ACL data: handle 0x0001 flags 0x02 dlen 20
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets(0x13) plen 5
>   . . . . .
> < HCI Command: Disconnect(0x01|0x0006) plen 3
>   . . .
> > HCI Event: Command Status(0x0f) plen 4
>   . . . .
> > HCI Event: Disconn Complete(0x05) plen 4
>   . . . .
>
> And does not show anything more.

Hm, this does not show the initial connection .. can you do this then;
'sudo hcidump -w query.out' and send the query.out file..? (I can print it
out better in that case..)

its interesting that the command/event seems to work but that the ACL does
nothing. Since the ACL is using bulk pipes, there may be a problem with
the USB. what does the dmesg show wrt the ubt device and its parents?

iain