Subject: Re: undocumented -march=x86-64 option in gcc 4.1
To: Martijn van Buul <pino+gmane_os_netbsd_ports_x86-64@dohd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/09/2007 17:38:56
Take a look at the header and .md files for gcc4 in our tree.  I don't
recall where it is offhand exactly, but the default for x86-64 (at
least on NetBSD) is march=k8.

Things should improve somewhat whenever we get gcc 4.2, which should
do the "Right Thing"(tm).

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11